We’re incredibly excited to be partnering with the Foundry to be the exclusive educational organization where artists can gain certification to be trainers for NUKE. This is the only way to become an officially certified NUKE trainer. After successful completion of the course, which includes passing both standard and practical exams, members will be listed on the Foundry’s website as a Certified NUKE Trainer. These members can also nominate a single place of work as a Certified NUKE Training Centre.
This curriculum is totally separate from our normal offerings, due to the fact that it is targeted towards those who wish to train other artists in NUKE. The program is not designed to make great shots for your reel, but to provide you with detailed information about the software and how to pass that knowledge on to others. fxphd prof Matt Leonard leads the course, and he has worked very closely with the Foundry to develop a solid and accurate training curriculum. Leonard has been in the 3D and visual effects industry for 19 years and has produced work for feature films, commercials, and large corporate projects. He has trained and spoken at various events throughout the world and has been on the beta test teams for Maya, Nuke, Fusion, and Mari.
To enroll, sign up here: https://www.fxphd.com/store/membership/membership-nft/
About the program
Enrollment in the program costs $999 USD and includes the following:
- Over 39 hours of training broken into four courses: NUKE for Trainers Level One, Nuke for Trainers Level Two, Nuke for Trainers Level Three & Nuke for Trainers Level Four.
- Full resolution, high quality 1440×900 screen recordings available for immediate download
- One-year access to our private NUKE for Trainers discussion forum where you can ask Matt questions
- Associated footage and project files to work along with the course instruction. This footage is only for private use as part of the Nuke for Trainers course and not allowed for use on demo reels or other applications.
- An online exam for each of the four courses
- A practical, project-based exam for members to apply what they learned. This includes members recording a screen tutorial which shows their teaching method.
- Upon successful completion of the course, artists obtain a listing on The Foundry web site
- Certified NUKE Trainers may nominate a single place of work as a Certified NUKE Training Centre.
- Join any time.
- Class material is available immediately for download. No waiting.
- Access to VPN software is not included. However, members of the normal fxphd curriculum may use the VPN software for the Nuke for Trainers curriculum.
- You have two attempts to pass the exams
- A minimum of two years practical experience with NUKE is required for certification.
- There are currently no software discounts associated with the program
How this program is different from the standard fxphd membership
- The curriculum is geared towards teaching Nuke and the knowledge needed to do so
- Forums are private and not part of the normal fxphd forums
- Screen recordings are higher quality, full resolution captures
- There are multiple exams, including a practical submission-based exam
- All course material is available for immediate download – no waiting
- You have one year to complete the program
To enroll, sign up here: https://www.fxphd.com/product/membership-nft/